We are seeking an experienced forensic structural engineer in the Mid-Atlantic for a senior role to provide exceptional leadership and assist in the strategic growth of the Washington DC office.
The client has earned an outstanding reputation for knowledge and successful results. With expertise in building envelope restoration, structural defects, architectural design and mechanical system efficiency, this firm is one of the major players in the building enclosure industry in the Mid-Atlantic.
- 7-10 years structural engineering experience
- PE Licensed.
- Expertise with rehabilitation and repair of existing structures
- Experience with historic renovation of structure and forensic investigation and expert witness testimony
- Ideally with some experience in the design and analysis of structures made from concrete, steel and masonry.
- Perform analysis and design, investigation, evaluation and diagnostic testing of existing building structures, exterior enclosures and building components and systems.
- Manage the repair of masonry façades, concrete balconies, parking structures, plaza waterproofing, retaining walls, and building settlement conditions on a wide variety of structures including high-rise residential, commercial office buildings, low-rise apartments, shopping centers, and historic structures
- Being a hands-on Engineer. Required to go to site, speak with the building owner and communicate in layman's terms what the issue is and how you are prepared to fix it.