Are you a seasoned professional with a passion for precision in estimating wet utility projects? Do you have 5-10 years of experience under your belt, and are you ready to take your career to the next level? If so, our client would love to see your application for their Senior Wet Utility Estimator role in San Diego, California!
Company Overview: With a strong commitment to excellence, safety, and sustainability, our client has become a trusted leader in the industry. As they continue to grow, they are seeking an experienced Senior Wet Utility Estimator to contribute to their ongoing success.
Position Overview: As a Senior Wet Utility Estimator, you will play a pivotal role in the pre-construction team. You will be responsible for accurately estimating costs and developing bid proposals for wet utility projects, including water and sewer infrastructure, pipelines, and related infrastructure projects. Your expertise will help maintain a competitive edge and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Analyze project plans and specifications to determine project scope and requirements.
- Collaborate with the project management team to develop accurate cost estimates and budgets.
- Source and analyze subcontractor and supplier bids for various project components.
- Prepare detailed take-offs, including quantities, materials, and labor requirements.
- Utilize industry-standard estimating software and tools to enhance accuracy.
- Identify potential cost-saving measures and value engineering opportunities.
- Prepare comprehensive bid proposals and participate in bid review meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, materials, and construction methods.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure project success.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field (preferred).
- 5-10 years of experience in wet utility estimating, with a strong track record of successful projects.
- Proficiency in estimating software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Knowledge of local building codes and regulations (San Diego experience a plus).
If you are looking for a fresh start and meet the above qualifications, don't hesitate to apply!