- Oversee design work for civil engineering projects that may involve site layout, paving and roadway design, grading and drainage design, stormwater management, sanitary sewer and water, landscape, and erosion control.
- Duties may include design, review, and oversight of conceptual layouts, construction drawings and specifications, design calculations and compiling reports, quantity takeoffs and cost estimates, and other associated project deliverables.
- Complete quality work within budgets and timelines. Collaborate with other project managers and senior staff on project status, schedules, and design and construction issues.
- Coordinate, delegate, and review work of junior designers. Mentor junior design staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, contractors, and clients. Coordinate with other consultants and local and state agencies.
- Conduct/coordinate construction administration and periodic site visits to monitor quality and work progress.
- Attend meetings with multi-disciplinary teams and clients.
- Stormwater experience desired, including design of stormwater management practices and conveyance systems, analyzing watersheds, and green infrastructure.
- Experience in preparation of SWPPP's desired. Knowledge of stormwater management regulations, including NYSDEC.
- S. in Civil Engineering or Landscape Architecture (Master's a plus)
- 10 or more years of relevant civil/site work experience
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- NYS PE or RLA preferred
- Experience with HydroCAD or other stormwater modeling software
- Well-versed in construction methods and construction administration
- Familiarity with local permitting agencies and jurisdictions