We have a current opportunity for a Site Investigations Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Taipei City. For further information about this position please apply.
As SI Manager, you will be part of a small but dedicated project team working on offshore wind farm project/s. Your primary tasks will be to provide technical leadership for the successful delivery of the site investigation package. Your main responsibilities will focus around managing the site investigation campaign and associated works for projects; development projects, early project works through to detailed design and pre-construction as well as installation activities. You will proactively ensure that the works are carried out based on project strategy and contracts as well as thrive to optimize the package with respect to time, costs and HSEQ and work closely together with the Geotechnical Engineer, Senior Geophysicist and Project Package Managers.
- Planning of site investigation campaigns for offshore wind farm under different stage of the development, including drafting the Employment Requirements and Scope of Works.
- Tender management, site investigation supervision, data processing and quality assurance for geotechnical site investigation datasets.
- Tender management, survey supervision, data processing and quality assurance for geophysical, bathymetric, seismic and magnetometer datasets.
- Managing the SI contractor(s) during the planning and execution of the surveys.
- Responsible for appointment and management of Client Representatives.
- Contribute to the development of workable policies, manage all day-to-day execution of work, and maintain an overview with regards to all activities.
- Provide personal guidance, instructions, coaching and manage team members.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline / Civil Engineering / Ground Engineering / Marine Sciences / Hydrographic surveying or similar.\
- Experience from the field of Wind Energy or Marine Sciences. Experience of geotechnical/geological analysis, geophysical survey and hydrographic surveying and relevant codes/standards.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good understanding on the concept of Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Ability to translate and communicate technical detail into commercial impact.
- Good communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written. Language skill for Mandarin, Japanese or Korean are appreciated
Don't hesitate to apply if interested!