Currently working with a large General Contractor that specializes in Light Industrial/Heavy Commercial (Large Warehouses, Distribution Centers, Public Storage and Manufacturing Facilities) that are currently seeking estimators to join their team in Austin.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for appropriately evaluating the cost of a project and evaluating the cost to take on that project. The candidate will be familiar with our competitive advantages as an organization and will be able to communicate those to our benefit throughout the bidding process.
· Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to aid bidding process
· Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
· Obtain accurate quotes for materials and systems to establish accurate cost estimates
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Construction Management or equivalent experience
· Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
· Familiarity with blueprints and ability to read plans
· 2 - 4 year's of construction estimation experience preferred
· Knowledge of productivity software