Summary: One of the largest renewable energy owners in the US is leading the transition to a world powered by clean energy. They own and operate more than 8 gigawatts of renewable and conventional energy assets across the country. As they develop a nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the future, their 5.6 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage assets offset the equivalent of more than 10.5 million metric tons of carbon emissions for their customers today.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Portfolio Finance, the Senior Manager of Portfolio Finance is responsible for commercial matters with financing parties after financial close/FNTP. This candidate will be leading the execution of cash/tax equity fundings and term conversions of debt, seeking and identifying project and portfolio level value-add transactions such as refinancings, tax equity buyouts, repowers, letter of credit facilities and other ad-hoc restructurings, and overseeing complex financial modeling associated with each. The Senior Manager of Portfolio Finance will be relied upon to maintain excellent investor relations with its financial partners and provide valuable commercial transaction and modeling insight for junior team members to learn and growth within the group.
Hybrid work at one of the various locations:
- San Francisco, CA
- Carlsbad, CA
- Houston, TX
- Denver, CO
- Scottsdale, AZ
The responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Portfolio Finance include:
- Provide oversight, guidance, training, and mentorship to the analysts on the Portfolio Finance team.
- Identify, structure, and execute financing and asset optimization transactions across the entire enterprise. Types of transactions include, but are not limited to, cash/tax equity fundings, term conversions, refinancings, tax equity buyouts, repowers, LC facilities and other ad-hoc restructurings. Efforts will be primarily focused on renewables projects, with possibility of non-renewables related transactions.
- Lead and/or oversee financial optimization and cash flow analysis in complex project finance models to provide recommendations to executives and committee voting members on portfolio and project matters.
- Interpret provisions in financing agreements, tax and equity operations agreements, EPC contracts and offtake agreements to provide guidance and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders for matters at hand.
- Manage tax equity and cash equity relationships and use commercial expertise to craft solutions that solve certain challenges.
- Establish and sustain productive, efficient relationships across major departments and functions including Development, Construction, Origination, Tax, Asset and Energy Management, and Legal to address and resolve challenges across the lifecycle of projects.
- Maintain confidentiality & sensitivity with respect to all functions of DEI
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of professional experience in project finance, portfolio finance or M&A in the energy sector.
- A strong understanding of and ability to interpret financing agreements, ECCAs, MIPAs, LLCAs and other project contracts.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge is required. Experience building, auditing, and updating complex project finance models, with ability to quickly generate summary economics relating to each stakeholder, is required.
- Tax Equity experience highly preferred.