My client, a multi-disciplinary engineering and architecture firm in NYC is searching for a talented building envelope consultant to join their growing team of architects and engineers.
This opportunity will be based in New York and reporting to the Vice President, Building Envelope, the Building Envelope Specialist will be responsible for work in all aspects of the building envelope service which includes repair and restoration for existing buildings and new construction projects.
My client is looking for a self-motivated individual, with good communication skills and a desire to work in a collaborative team environment. My clients current projects span the repair and restoration of existing buildings and the design and construction of new buildings. Their project portfolio is diverse and exciting - from commercial and residential skyscrapers to hospitals to opera houses to transit infrastructure. They are passionate about their work and strive to provide our clients with the utmost in service when it comes to quality and timeliness of their product.
What will you do?
- Work in all aspects of the building envelope service which includes repair and restoration projects for existing buildings and new construction projects.
- Field review and other on-site contract administrative duties are a requirement of this position.
- Forensic inspections of existing buildings to diagnose failures or determine the condition of various building envelope systems.
- Assist with research of new products and systems as needed for the servicing or portfolio of projects.
- Writing reports subsequent to the above field work and research.
- Computer aided analysis of building envelope details and performance (training will be provided).
- Assisting with the preparation of tender specifications, drawings and sketches.
- Internal roles in the ongoing development our technical standards and design tools.
- Drawing and specification review for new construction projects.
- Review of submittals and shop drawings during construction.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 4+ years' experience in building envelope consulting.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to use programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel and Bluebeam (or other PDF mark-up tool).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to manage complex situations with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be willing to work at heights, including climbing ladders and working on swing stage.
My client has be around the restoration and envelope consulting industry for 40 years.