You will work with clients and other consultants on your team to assess, analyze, and design repairs for hotels, parking garages, plazas, recreational centres and other exciting existing buildings structures. You ideally should have a passion for solving challenging structural issues and helping restore some of the most famous structures in New York.
About the Company:
- The average tenure of employees is 10 years which is a testament to the culture they've built across the years.
- Due to their quality work, they known to be market specialists in their field and as a result have many repeat clients and did not lay off anyone during the pandemic.
- In the next few months 3-5 years they are looking to grow their New York office from 20 to 40! Meaning plenty of opportunity to lead teams, BD and grow new service lines.
- ESOP opportunity when moving into leadership. Currently there are 7 principals and they are looking for more to move up into partnership within the next year or two, depending on personal performance and all growth is done automatically.
- Perform condition assessments and investigations on existing structures and structural analysis of distress or deterioration. Structures include parking garages, sidewalk vaults, plazas, historic, and other existing buildings structures. Materials include concrete (conventional/post-tensioned), steel, masonry, heavy timber, and glass.
- Coordinate destructive or nondestructive material testing with a testing firm subconsultant.
- Develop and prioritize repair alternatives.
- Prepare written technical reports which summarize your field observations, conclusions, recommendations, and engineer's opinion of cost.
- Perform structural analysis by hand calculation and/or computer modeling to verify capacity of existing structure or design strengthening.
- Prepare repair documents including repair drawings and specifications.
- Perform construction administration services including project management, field construction observation, project meeting attendance meetings, RFI response, submittal review, and written field reports.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Licensed P.E or RA in New York
- Must have advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT and/or experience with BIM.
- Must have experience supervising complex projects to completion by directing subordinates and providing detailed direction and training.
- Conferences, Industry Participation
- Minimum of 10% Bonus and possibility for more
- Benefits: Health Insurance/dental
- Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay
- Company Parties/Sporting Events