Summary of Position:
- Collaborate with current designers and Engineers in Training to manage and design ongoing and future projects for the firm.
- Provide design solutions in various aspects of structural engineering, utilizing AutoCAD/Revit modeling, detailed calculations, and technical specifications.
- Perform tasks within the defined scope of work and guidelines set by the Project Lead.
- Emphasize collaboration with a multi-discipline team and build strong working relationships through project interactions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare reports, structural designs, and drawings for building foundations, structural systems, and superstructure.
- Design structural steel and wood-framed construction.
- Monitor and inspect work undertaken by general contractors.
- Produce 3D structural Revit models.
- Coordinate drawings with architectural and Civil/MEP consultant drawings.
- Answer contractor RFIs and markup shop drawing submittals.
- Attend meetings with clients, jurisdictional agencies, and internal staff.
- Supervise and mentor younger engineers.
- Oversee project production efforts to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop solutions to challenges presented by the client within budget, schedule, and project constraints.
- Issue reports, anticipated schedules, and estimates of probable construction costs for designs.
- Maintain professional and collaborative client relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Architectural, or Structural Engineering.
- Texas Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer license.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in consulting design engineering and project management.
- High level of proficiency in 2D and 3D drafting in AutoCAD and Revit.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Well-versed in Federal, State, and Local regulatory and permitting requirements.
- Ability to work closely with an integrated multi-discipline team under tight deadlines and communicate clearly - both in writing and verbally.