Technical Sales Specialist - Water Quality Monitoring and Instrumentation
This company is a leading manufacturer of flow instrumentation technology, providing opportunities to protect the world's water.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the initial point of contact for all concerns from our customers
- Create training materials and conduct application seminars for distributors and customers
- Attend in-person meetings with customers to analyse, troubleshoot and diagnose problems · Creation of product documentation and application reports
- Responsibilities include sales and application support for the APAC region. [SEA (focus region), Australasia and China]
- Responsible for assuring effective technical quotations to meet the channel and customer's requirements as well as customer support and service
- Responsible for ensuring product pricing and pricing strategies/policies are based on established gross margin objectives.
- Manage sales partner discount requests, price sheet distribution, complaints and warranty issues
- Preparation of plans for margin improvement where necessary.
- Responsible for supporting effective new product launch/release to the market.
- Assure the accuracy and reliability of data in company's CRM system
- Direct channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals
- Work closely with teams to ensure and curate the best offers and products to customers
- Prepare engineering, tender and other technical documents for submission
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with company Code of Business Conduct and related disciplines
- Provide information and involve all matters relating to the business to direct report
- Build harmonized relationship with sales partners
- Ensure new product release info is circulated and reached sales partners
- Keeps information current and provides monthly reports, funnels and other reporting as necessary.
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Process Instrumentation or related disciplines
- Preferred 3 - 5 years' experience in Water Metering, Flow Instrumentation Measurement and Water Quality Monitoring Analytics
- Able to speak fluent and written English and Chinese is required.
- Competent in MS Office software program (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Self motivated, organized and with good time management and a can-do mentality
- Ability to take the initiative to correct processes or procedures.
- Highly driven and hands-on mentality
- Ability to establish team work and maintain effective working relationships with member of different disciplines (Tech Support, Product and Sales Management, etc.) and main/customers and maintain confidentiality. Open to new ideas, comments and discussion
- Attention to detail and ability to keep organized, readable record