My client is looking for 2 experienced Project Managers - One to over see Transmisson & Distribution construction and the other to oversee Substation construction projects in Wisconsin.
The basic function of the Project Manager is to ensure that all contracts assigned are completed accurately, efficiently, timely, within budget, with a high degree of quality and that they produce an acceptable level of profit.
Project Managers are also responsible for being an administrator and coordinator, providing the necessary planning, organization, direction, and control to meet the operational goals of the company for each project, which are focused on power transmission, distribution & substations.
Provide leadership on T&D construction projects within our Power & Utilities Team. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership, communication and business skills, as well as a thorough understanding of the T&D market & construction means/methods.
- Assume overall responsibility for all aspects of projects. Provide safety and hands-on leadership to project teams to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Oversee supervision of total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule which includes interfacing with client and AE representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc.).
- Ensure that proper leadership and supervision is provided to our craft employees and/or sub-contractors.
- Provide technical assistance to onsite project team, i.e. interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Coordinate with other T&D project managers and supervisors on resource scheduling.
- Work closely with other stakeholders to develop future leaders, both in the field and in the office.
- Identify, initiate and maintain extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Take the lead in managing and maintaining relationships with key client representatives within project management, construction management and procurement groups.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and provide support to estimating group in terms of project selection, schedule, approach, resource availability and subcontractors.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering (or equivalent work experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management on T&D projects.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods), safety, supervision, estimating, scheduling, and budgeting required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential.
Experience managing mid-scale projects and advanced knowledge of construction and utility industry practices
Understanding of Critical Path Scheduling software and MS Office Suite
Complex problem-solving skills
Preferred Educational Background:
BS degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, or Business - However relevant work experience is also acceptable
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employee Owned - ESOP
- Optional Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Sick Time