Senior Highway Project Manager
A leading general construction firm is currently seeking a Project Manager specializing in overseeing Heavy Highway construction projects in Grand Rapids. With a wide portfolio of projects including bridges, roadways, highways, tunnelling, mining and utilities, this contractor is reputable around the Midwest.
This contractor is currently chasing work all over the state of Michigan, but the Project Manager will be expected to report to the contractor's office in Grand Rapids, MI (a hybrid schedule will be offered for the right candidate). The contractor also has an industry leading culture with a backbone of long-term staff that the candidate will integrate with. They prioritize safety above all else and strive to maintain the health and well-being of their employees.
The Project Manager will be responsible for...
- Document control and RFI submittals
- Safety management and FE management
- Project estimating and bidding
- Overseeing 2-3 Project Engineers
The Project Manager should have the following qualifications...
- A Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 10 years of experience working Heavy Highway/Bridge projects
- 5+ years' experience with MDOT preferred
- Experience managing multiple projects at once
- Strong work ethic with a team-first mentality
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Medical, Vision, and Life insurance
- Vehicle allowance and gas card
- 401k match
- Great opportunity for career progression at an expanding contractor