As a Vertical Transportation Consultant, you will collaborate with our National Vertical Transportation team and manage the design and engineering of vertical transportation systems for a variety of projects for our New York and Boston office. You will represent the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects, and other project team members. You will be responsible for supervising, coordinating, and assigning various projects to be performed by the team (i.e., system design and project engineering).
Vertical Transportation Team Member Responsibilities:
- Work in close contact with the entire design team to maintain interdisciplinary coordination with other trades/projects consultants
- Coordinate and correspond between staff, clients, contractors, owners, etc.
- Assist the Project Manager for the overall economic well-being of the assigned projects
- Participate in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Prepare equipment specifications and project manuals. Develop proficiency with electronic bidding platforms (for example: Bid Docs On Line).
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
- Support the design and engineering teams of vertical transportation systems for a variety of projects
- Represent the firm and work in close contact to Interact effectively with external clients and consultants (including owners, builders, developers, program managers, architects, vendors, etc.)
Vertical Transportation Team Member
This dynamic and highly visible role requires knowledge of vertical transportation systems to include elevators, escalators, moving walks and other materials movement systems. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and supervisory controls systems for elevators/escalators. In addition to strong engineering skills, you will need a high degree of interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to grow into a senior level consultant position.
Vertical Transportation Team Member Additional Requirements:
- A minimum of five to seven years elevator/escalator industry experience with prior consultant experience a plus. Experience with a major manufacturer in lieu of consulting experience will be considered
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field, preferably mechanical or equivalent work experience
- CAD / Revit experience
- Knowledge of elevator/escalator mechanical and operational equipment
- In depth knowledge of NYC codes and with A17.1 Elevator Code for elevator and Escalators, NYC building and elevator codes