Company Summary: This company is an IPP that owns and operates over 6 GW of utility-scale wind, solar, and natural gas generation projects across the US. Currently, they have over 43 wind, solar, and natural gas projects across 16 states and across 8 regional transmission organizations.
Position Summary: The VP of Capital Markets will be responsible for originating, negotiating, executing, and maintaining the company's financings and will work closely with the M&A team to lead new financings associated with M&A activity.
Location: New York City, NY (hybrid)
The VP of Capital Markets will have the following responsibilities:
- Execute all aspects of project and corporate finance activities including interest rate hedging
- Maintain key relationships with banks, insurance companies, tax equity investors, independent engineers and rating agencies
- Structure and negotiate required corporate and project financings
- Manage the lender diligence process including (1) creation of information memorandum, (2) preparation of financial models, (3) Q&A and data room management, (4) coordination of lender advisors and preparation of relevant reports (e.g., IE, market report)
- Work with internal and external counsels, review and negotiate debt financing, and other legal agreements, as applicable.
- Manage financial staff.
- Help CFO develop and execute optimal corporate finance structures and strategies for Onward.
- Develop strong working relationship with the M&A, Asset Management, Commercial, Legal and Operations Teams
- Understand applicable incentives and structures that drive financial value
- Present financing paths to senior management, potential lenders and rating agencies
- Actively manage and identify opportunities to optimize interest rate exposure for the company's portfolio as well as new M&A opportunities.
The VP of Capital Markets should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration. CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience in project financing, back-leverage, and corporate financing (with focus on the power sector including renewable and thermal assets), tax equity, investment banking, consulting and/or IPPs
- Strong understanding of commercial and legal aspects of project and corporate financings as well as tax equity structures
- Demonstrated track record of managing stakeholders, attorneys, consultants, and other professionals in successfully closing large utility scale financings
If interested in this position, please do not hesitate in submitting an application!