As 2022 is coming to a close, many clients are looking to transition into the New Year as seamlessly as possible. Hence many are putting a focus on recruiting top engineers to complete the multitude of exciting projects they have scheduled in 2023.
One role I'm working on is a Department Manager within the water/wastewater sector for a top civil engineering firm, one that has just hired their 1000th person, and are looking to advance even further in Florida. Renowed for their bottom-up approach, their organised business structure, and their great PTO, this firm gets its reputation for good reason.
- Experience leading the design or portions of the design
- Experience in Construction Administration including coordinating submittal review
- Direct the work of associates on a project-by-project basis.
- Work with Project Managers and team members to maximize profitability while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of accepted engineering design standards and practices in the execution of design work that will meet the client's needs and conform to firm standards
- Analyze and design systems.
- Prepare complete project documents including studies, reports, engineering drawings, and technical specifications.
- Prepare concise and correct written correspondence
- Over 12+ years in the water/wastewater treatment industry
- P.E. Licensed
- Superior writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate to junior engineers and clients alike
- Organised and efficient
- Completes all work to the utmost quality while in time
- Adept at planning, problem-solving, and following-through on projects
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation, GIS, Google Earth or other geographic mapping systems.