We're Hiring for an Application Engineer!
We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions.
THE ROLE: The Application Engineer will be responsible for pre-sales and/or post-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products, applications, and solutions. This individual will use in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and customers through sales presentations and product demonstrations. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify Consulting Need: Works closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, consulting engineers, or others to develop understanding of the consulting request. Partners closely with the requestor to information to better classify the need including level of technical involvement, expertise required, urgency, application, customer type, etc.
- Understand Challenge/ Scope Need: Works closely with the party who requested consultation to gain deeper understanding of request and scope the need. Understands technical questions to ask to ensure proper information is provided to meet consulting need.
- Research/Gather Data: Responsible for providing technical and product expertise, as well as researching and gathering data to understand how to meet the requestor's consulting need or solve the problem. Works closely with internal colleagues, subject matter experts, and technical and commercial resources to gather relevant data including technical/commercial implications of potential solutions, as well as history related to the customer or request.
- Complete the Need/Problem Solve: Responsible for meeting the requestor's consulting need or develop viable solution to requestor's problem. Typical problem solving could include turn-key or engineered-to-order system design, customer station design, custom accessory or ancillary equipment design support, training requests, engineering specification, or technical presentation and training development.
- Validate and Communicate Solution: Works closely with outside sales and internal colleagues to communicate and validate consulting need has been fulfilled or to present proposed solution. If requestor is not satisfied with outcome, the AE is responsible for further consultation. AE acts as advocate and advisor to ensure consulting need is met.
- Initial Tender/Spec/Job Details Review: Responsible for providing a initial, high level review of all technical documentation for a project including specifications, plans, drawings, etc. Provides technical expertise to assist opportunity with initial tender review. May participate in on-site job walk at customer site.
- Bid Prep: Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to prepare project bid. Provides product and application expertise, design support, technical drawing support, etc. Advises sales team on technical request and implications as it related to the project.
- Detailed Tender/Spec/Job Details Review: Responsible for providing a detailed review of all technical documentation for a project including specifications, plans, drawings, etc. Ensures proposal is feasible, technically viable, and profitable. Calls attention to any risk associated with the technical design of product offering or supporting equipment.
- Procure Quotes: Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to procure quotes. Provides design support for accessories and ancillary equipment, including third party buy-out items. Creates CAD drawings as necessary for quoting purposes.
- Review Bid: Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to prepare and review bid package.
- Get Testing Approval: Works closely with outside sales, operations, and others to obtain customer approval of any required testing. Provides technical expertise on testing questions or concerns. May serve as on-site consultant for customer witness testing. Understands Hydraulic Institute standards and acts as technical advisor for customer and internal colleagues to ensure appropriate testing is obtain and customer expectations are fulfilled.
- Requires B.S. degree in Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in the water treatment industry
Join a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world's water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. They also provide a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Apply here or call 857-972-9678 for a quick and confidential call.