My Client is a leading provider of compliance, technology, and engineering consulting
solutions. Services include planning and
design in a wide range of specialty areas including: audiovisual, IT/telecommunications, building security,
technical lighting, healthcare technologies, and architectural acoustics/noise vibration.
We play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide and are looking for
passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Audiovisual Consultant / Designer's role is to provide consulting and design services to our clients
for technology enriched spaces. The position will require that the candidate actively participates in the
design process for several projects at the same time while ensuring efficiency, accuracy and top-quality
work is being delivered to our clients.
This is a Work From Home position and we are open to major markets other than those listed.
- Contribute as a key member of the project design team, bringing a significant level of
expertise in audiovisual systems and related design elements, with a forward-thinking
- Engage in programmatic discussions with our clients to determine project goals and
- Develop audiovisual systems recommendations and cost estimates
- Work collaboratively with the CAD/BIM Staff to develop high-quality audiovisual infrastructure
construction drawings, details, audiovisual equipment lists, and systems drawings to support
- Work collaboratively with AV Project Consultant to develop specifications language
- Review submittals of shop drawings, coordinating with architects, contractors, engineers, and
- Perform site visits to review adherence to standards, procedures and best practices of
infrastructure and systems by installing contractors
- Provide final system punch list visits with follow-up reports
- Ensure that all work is completed on-time, in-budget, and consistently within the companies'
standards of quality
- Minimum of five years of experience in the design and implementation of audiovisual
systems; experience with an independent consulting firm a strong plus
- Extensive knowledge in the design of audiovisual systems, including but not limited to:
projection and display; sound and speech reinforcement; audio and video conferencing;
analog and digital signal processing, analog and digital signal distribution and routing; control
- Intimate knowledge of audiovisual architectural requirements including but not limited to:
sightline studies; structural support requirements; cabling pathways; architectural integration
of audiovisual equipment
- CTS certification as a minimum; CTS-D strongly preferred
- General knowledge of Information Technology (IT) services and digital media delivery
technologies, network hardware, infrastructure and system architecture
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Values that include integrity, accountability and a willingness to have fun
- Works equally well as an individual contributor or team member
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude in a fast paced and occasionally high-pressure
- Ability to assist with business development activities is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and BlueBeam
- PLUSES: AutoCad experience, Revit experience; CTS-D, CTS-I, CCNA, RCDD or additional
industry related certifications
All candidates must be driven to satisfy the needs of end users and have the ability to deliver high caliber
end results in a timely manner while operating without direct supervision. Some overnight travel may be
required. Navigating building construction sites is required for most project assignments.
My client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.