With $100 million in annual revenues and 350+ employees, my client is one of the nation's leading technology system integrators serving clients in corporate, education, healthcare and government industries. Our OneSource business model provides clients with a single source for the design, installation and maintenance of large / complex Audio Visual, Communications, PoE Lighting and Electronic Security Systems. Our corporate headquarters is located in Garden City, NY and the company operates four regional operations centers in New York City, Boston, Miami and Washington DC.
Work with business development and sales in the review of project plans, requirements, and specifications. Determine labor and equipment costs. Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing. Review all bid documents. Compare competitive bids. Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with the Director of Estimating. Prepare conceptual estimates. AV design or estimating experience is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Technical interpretation of client and consultant specifications
- Ability to review technical system details and provide feedback on completeness of design and functionality.
- An ability to find value engineering opportunities within a bid to reduce overall cost while maintaining functionality
- Production of estimating cost sheet and proposals
- Experience in reading and following CAD or other system details and documentation
- Thorough knowledge of AV system design and integration including basic signal flow and types, processing, source and display characteristics and operation, control system functionality, and standard/best installations practices
- Responsible for surveying bid packages to obtain information on the system environment prior to bid finalization Work with technical staff to determine system layout
- Accurately develops bill of materials to include appropriate amount of job-related labor to perform the project
- Assist in creating change orders by using company designated change order form
- Responsible for generating comprehensive project description and scope of work
- Ability to evaluate equipment for selection based upon performance and price
- Experience with Audio Visual solutions
- Background in various low voltage technologies a plus.
- Ability to interpret CAD design drawings and adhere to AV specifications
- Proficient in Excel
- Manufacturer related certifications preferred such as: InfoComm CTS, CTS-D or CTS-I certifications, Crestron, Cisco, Extron along with other manufacturer training and certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Paid Family Leave, generous Paid Time Off, 10 Annual Holidays, a 401k plan with a discretionary employer match and Company paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.