The Aviation Project Engineer must be detail-oriented with solid self-initiative. They must be able to work as a member of a multi-disciplined team, work with diverse clients, and produce complete design phase deliverables, including drawings, specifications, cost estimates, exhibits, technical reports, and narratives. Creating construction documents includes drafting, quantity computations, specifications, and cost estimates. Design development software packages, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other civil design packages, will be used.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop technical deliverables under the guidance of senior engineers. Technical deliverables include, but are not limited to: Construction Plans, Specifications, Design Reports, Permit Documents, and Cost Estimates.
- Attend and document client kick-off and progress review meetings.
- Coordinate with clients on project requirements and status updates.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies to understand local permitting requirements and submit permit documents for review and approval.
- Perform construction administration duties including attending and documenting weekly construction meetings, conducting periodic site visits, reviewing shop drawings, and assisting with the development of change order, closeout, and other construction documentation.
- Perform onsite construction observation and inspection.