My client is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Branch Manager for our Maryland location. This is a full-time position and it will require managing geologists, geotechnical engineers, environmental scientists, surveyors, and technicians as the office develops. Work will include federal, state and local sponsored projects, as well as private clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage geotechnical and geological analyses, manage staff.
- Conduct research, perform preliminary geological reconnaissance, geotechnical and geological studies, review testing results, and develop design recommendations.
- Must be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles and spread footings.
- Must be able to direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Interface with clients, design teams, and public.
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures and function as technical specialist or project manager.
- Develop, manage field work for geotechnical and geological studies in accordance with various public agencies, and private client's criteria and requirements.
- Prepare documents detailing analysis and recommendations.
- Critically review testing results, design recommendations, and documents detailing the studies/projects conducted.
- Manage budgets, write and edit reports and proposals.
- Maryland PE is required
- Masters in Geotechnical Engineering (Preferred)
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years geotechnical engineering experience..
- Familiarity with multiple aspects of geotechnical engineering.
- A seller-doer attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in writing, reviewing, and editing technical reports to ensure conformance with scope, quality and client expectations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, public involvement skills, oral communication skills, and a desire to work with diverse interest groups.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement and professionalism.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to write proposals, geotechnical and geological documents.
- Proven client relationships supported by repeated business.
- Must be a team player with the patience and skill to train and mentor other junior geotechnical staff in the course of developing geotechnical documents.
- Must have the ability to read, analyse, and interpret scientific work and technical journals.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software.
- Must have ability to respond to questions and criticisms from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Apply Below, Contact me on if you have any further questions.