LVI Associates are looking for a Building Enclosure Consultant/Project Manager with professional experience in building enclosure design, waterproofing, assessment, testing, and repair to join our growing Building Enclosure Practice based in either San Francisco, Los Angeles or Seattle.
In this position, the qualified candidate will manage projects involving the design of new enclosure systems, and repairs for existing enclosure systems. Project management tasks include project cost estimating, budget review, resource allocation and planning. The preferred candidate will be able to perform review of roofing and waterproofing systems for new construction, and work on designs related to renovation, and restoration projects.
The qualified individual will also investigate and determine the service life of building enclosure assemblies. They will perform enclosure review to assess air infiltration, watertightness, heat transfer, and vapor transmission. They will perform building performance analysis including evaluate day-lighting, solar heat gain, thermal energy transfer, and holistic integration of the enclosure with building mechanical, lighting, and plumbing systems.
- 3-5 years' experience either supporting or managing building enclosure design, review, and assessment projects. 5-7 years' experience for the Project Manager designation.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) in California required
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Architecture in Building Science/Building Enclosures/ Historic Preservation. Master's degree preferred
- Having IIBEC credentials such as an RRO/RRC/RWC/REWC is a plus
- Experience in building enclosure design, repair, and retrofit and the integrated design and delivery of high-performance buildings
- Experience with exterior wall, below-grade waterproofing, plaza, and roofing assemblies
- Understanding of building science and thermal analysis concepts as well as a knowledge of modeling building performance and sustainability
- Experience with Division 7 Specifications
- Experience with Revit and/or CAD
- Demonstrated strength in providing excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal