LVI Associates are currently recruiting a Building Envelope Consultant for a client in Raleigh. This client is an industry-leading full service architecture and engineering firm who specialize in federal projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing repairs and providing forensic investigation for building envelope components such as exterior walls, glazing and roofing, with a heavy focus around federal projects in North Carolina.
The firm maintain a collaborative and communicative culture, and offer a number of incentives for their employees to make sure that they are valued for their hard work - a direct input will see a direct yield! They also heavily invest in their people because they value a good cultural fit even more so than a good technical fit, and will provide all the upskilling and support required to excel the progression of your career. Their promotions are very much meritocratic, giving you a real platform to progress through the business quickly and to play a fundamental role in the achievement of their ambitious plans for growth. Their model has seen them become one of the fastest growing engineering companies in the US, and with their eyes set on doubling in both revenue and headcount, the train has barely left the station.
- Conducting field investigations of commercial, industrial, and residential buildings to assess damage to the building envelope, including roofing, curtain wall, and window systems.
- Designing repairs for damaged building envelope systems and working to determine the cause of damage, including water infiltration, hail damage, and wind damage. As well as construction defects and other errors.
- Preparing detailed reports documenting findings and providing recommendations for repair and remediation of building envelope systems.
- Providing litigation support and expert witness testimony in cases related to building envelope systems.
- Collaborating with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to develop solutions for repair and remediation of building envelope systems.
- Knowledge of building envelope systems, including roofing, curtain wall, and window systems.
- Experience conducting field investigations and forensic evaluations of building envelope systems
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, or a related field.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred.
- Minimum 5 Years of Building Envelope consulting experience
- IIBEC accreditation is desired (RRO/RRC/RWC/REWO/REWC.RBEC)
- Knowledge of heat, air and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies.
- Experience with performance and testing requirements.
- Field experience - Must be able to physically carry and climb ladders to access roofs.
- Litigation and Expert Witness experience is a plus
- Competitive Benefits: Generous matched 401k contributions, health-care, 2-3 weeks annual PTO etc.
- Salary range ($100,000- $125,000) dependent on building envelope experience and client development skills.
- Bonuses based on performance if you can bring projects along with you or have a network of clients you can leverage on.
- Work from home flexibility and autonomy over your projects.