What is next for your career?
Opportunity to join a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients' most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 600 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, with industry-leading teams constantly seeking to advance the meaning of what's possible.
History of growth
The Building Technology division is always looking for great talent, and especially people who enjoy solving difficult problems. First office opened in 1956, followed by becoming encorporated in 1958. The DC office will be celebrating its 24th anniversery next year and was the 3rd office to be opened in its lienage.
Solving complexity is our standard
Whether making a seemingly impossible design a reality or solving a performance problem that has proven elusive, we awlays bring clarity to complexity. Our teams deliver customized and reliable solutions for our client partners-advancing the meaning of what's possible.
Our diverse staff-engineers, architects, scientists, and many other professionals-is led by seasoned principals, project managers, and thought leaders who seek to advance our industry while fostering our long-term client relationships.
What You'll Do:
Building Technology is the application of engineering principles, physics, and materials science to the exterior envelope of buildings to make them durable, energy-efficient, and able to reliably resist water infiltration. As a member of the building technology team, you will assist with new design, evaluation, investigation, and design of repairs for existing buildings. Essential duties include climbing ladders and scaffolds, the ability to work at great heights, and the ability to travel by car to multiple job sites. A strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience, EIT/ PE/ RA preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in building construction and solving engineering problems.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and enthusiasm for the work.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: building construction or an allied field, industrial rope access (rock climbing), mechanical repair, AutoCAD, Revit.
- Enthusiasm and passion - consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity.
- Communication - conveys information to internal and external clients clearly with excellent writing and oral skills.
- Problem-solving - capability to solve minor or complex problems using data, logic, judgement and problem-solving tools.
- Accountability and responsibility - self-starter with willingness to interact as a team player and take independent initiative to ensure tasks are competed.
- Teamwork - work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards and contributing to the capability of the team.
- Teachable - passionate and willingness for continued learning of new ideas and concepts.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds, and work at great heights.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
What makes careers here so special?
The only way to advance is to question and explore. Every member of the team is both a learner and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together we are creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be.
- Our Work: Our clients trust us to bring clarity and deliver outstanding solutions for their most complex projects.
- Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our professions and communities.
- Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
- Competive Salary range
- 401k Benefits, PTO
- Autonomous work schedule
- Clear route for professional progression
- Bonuses based on performance
Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email