We are working with a global leader in operating in over 100 countries. They are leaders providing expertise in safety, sustainability, and innovation enabling them to provide comprehensive services to the energy industry. As a Civil Engineer, you will join our Seoul or Busan office in Korea. You will be part of the Renewables Advisory team, responsible for delivering due diligence and owners' engineering services for wind and solar projects in Korea and APAC.
- Performing Project Engineering tasks such as Owners Engineer, Independent Engineer, Due Diligence reviews, and Lenders Technical Advisory services.
- Conducting feasibility and front-end engineering, specifically addressing support structures, offshore installation, O&M, CAPEX/OPEX, scheduling, engineering support throughout project lifecycle, offshore substructure concept design, preparation of design basis and specifications, geotechnical interpretative report, seismic site response analysis, metocean review and specification, corrosion protection design, design risk register, equipment review and specification, design/drawing review, fabrication and construction monitoring, and techno-economic analysis.
- Collaborating with the Project Engineering group, focusing on the civil/structural component while integrating with other project aspects.
- Managing multiple projects, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Planning, managing, executing, and reporting on all aspects of Owners Engineering delivery and related scopes of work.
- Writing technical reports.
- Increasing order intake from existing customers and identifying opportunities to introduce new services.
- Identifying and acquiring new customers through local networks.
- Developing a consultative selling framework, emphasizing customer needs and value-added solutions.
- Liaising with a wide range of customers, including developers, plant owners, and financial institutions, to discuss results and risk mitigation.
- Creating proposals and collaborating with colleagues to expand service areas related to power systems, storage, and renewable energy.
- Assisting in the preparation of technical papers or presentations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil (Geotechnical) or Structural Engineering.
- A relevant master's and/or post-doctoral degree is advantageous.
- Passion for renewable energy.
- Relevant industry experience in the design and/or construction of solar or wind power plants.
- Familiarity with prevailing Korean civil standards.
- Proficiency in international structural design standards, particularly those commonly used in the Korean market (e.g., JSA, JSCE, BSLJ, JIS, IEC, DNV, API, ISO, etc.).
- Proficiency in structural analysis programs like SESAM or similar software.
- Experience reviewing geotechnical site investigation, MetOcean reports, and laboratory test results.
- Understanding of design, fabrication, and installation requirements for wind turbines in the APAC region, specifically in Korea.
- Experience in seismic design and driveability analysis.
- Strong technical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Korean and English, including the ability to write clear and detailed technical reports in English.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Ability to work professionally with diverse people, including customers and co-workers.
- Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle various tasks.
- Understanding and adherence to safety
If you are passionate about renewable energy and have a proven track record in civil projects, we would love to connect with you.