Company Summary: This company is a renewable energy company engaged in renewable power generation, the production of sustainable biomass and the sale of renewable electricity to businesses. They operate a generation portfolio of sustainable biomass, hydro-electric and pumped hydro storage assets across the US, Canada, England and Scotland.
Position Summary: This role will have responsibility for providing finance support to the Biomass Sales and Logistics teams for North America. Partnering with the SVP Biomass Sales and Logistics and their senior leadership team, the jobholder will help to challenge and deliver the objectives for the Commercial department, whilst ensuring the financial robustness of business cases, forecasts, and reporting.
Location: Open to be fully remote (travel expected up to 10-15% to the company's various offices and investor meetings)
The responsibilities of the Commercial Finance Manager include:
- Work closely with Financial Controller to ensure pellet sales are accounted for appropriately in the general ledger.
- Ensure pellet revenue forecasting, planning and analysis is aligned with production, sales and logistics and that key assumptions are well understood by Finance and wider Business teams
- Ensure maintenance of inventory reconciliations/flow on a regular basis.
- Support the Sales and Logistics leadership team through the Business planning and reforecast processes, ensure deadlines and deliverables are clearly understood and delivered.
- Support the SVP Biomass Sales and Logistics with the delivery of the pellet revenue plan. Providing key financial analysis (internal and external), reports and information.
- Support the Pellet Finance teams with identification of risk and opportunities in pellet production and associated revenue forecasts. Ensure the resulting implications (financial and non) are visible, well communicated and support action plans to maximize and mitigate respectively.
- Support the Finance Business Partner team with commercial decision support. Ensuring accurate and timely financial information is shared to enable optimal group decisions. (e.g Make/Buy/Sell)
- Ensure the Commercial team understand and consider the financial implications of key actions and decisions through providing clear insight and analysis.
- Support contract negotiations and contract management through analysis and insight.
- Provide financial support for developing, evaluating, and managing customer bids, pricing and payment structures and amendments.
- Support process improvements, ensuring a strong financial control environment is in place.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Fully qualified accountant with extensive PQE (CPA or advanced degree highly preferred)
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills, able to model and assess a range of scenarios and outcomes.
- Strong commercial acumen. Understands and applies financial and commercial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, cash, markets and added value.
- Experience of dealing with, and presenting to, senior stakeholders.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate to submit an application!