- Conduct Field Engineering with minimum supervision during the piloting, building, commissioning, and operation/maintenance/DLP/after-sale stages of Projects in the United States and abroad.
- As directed by the Operations and Process teams, provide technical and hands-on support for pilot studies and commercial operations (e.g. process adjustments, chemical preparation, preventive maintenance activities, corrective maintenance, instrument calibration, membrane cleaning, troubleshooting, process optimization).
- Oversee the creation and execution of standard operating procedures (SOPs) and technical training to assist site operators in implementing good practices for plant operations and maintenance, as well as daily operational activities.
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of plant performance monitoring, reporting, and improvement systems.
- Proactively report and evaluate plant performance/reliability concerns, and provide sensible and cost-effective recommendations.
- Coordinate and manage essential technical assistance to operational sites in order to prevent unexpected downtime by analyzing failures and implementing remedial measures.
- Assist in the development of predictive and preventive maintenance plans at operational locations and keep a careful eye on their effectiveness.
- Attend technical meetings pertaining to ongoing projects and prospective project prospects.
- Promote and support after-sales services, such as spare parts, consumables, and ad hoc operational and technical assistance at the customer's location. To appropriately specify and source materials and services, work closely with Engineering and Procurement departments.
- Actively promote a safe and healthy workplace and use safe work practices at all times, including documenting events and suggesting and implementing remedial actions.
- Ensure that contractual and regulatory obligations are met.
- Maintain effective communication and information exchange between the Operations and Engineering/NPI departments, including the drafting and distribution of technical reports and Return of Experience/Lessons Learned reports.
- Bachelor's degree, postgraduate diploma, or professional degree in environmental, chemical, or mechanical engineering.
- Requires 4 years of expertise in commissioning and/or operations and maintenance in the water business.
- Experience in water and wastewater technologies