Summary: This company is a rapidly growing renewable energy developer with $1 billion in projects completed to date and over $2 billion of projects expected to be completed over the next four years. Their projects have a positive impact on their host communities and upon the world in which we live.
Position Summary: The Corporate Financial Planning Associate plays a pivotal role in advancing the renewable energy project development, financing and ownership mission of the company. In this role, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, you will work with departments across the company to establish and maintain budgets and forecasts, integrating valuable data and insights into corporate planning and finance efforts. You will benchmark performance of project leads, teams and departments on a budget vs actual basis while utilizing data visualization and other applications to communicate overall trends and variances. You will provide key cost assumptions for overall project and corporate financial modeling efforts, and you will play a role in ensuring the corporate model reflects expected results. You will also help to guide investment decisions in new project opportunities or acquisitions. You will have the opportunity to manage certain commercial finance activities including project bonding and letters of credit for performance assurance. As someone with strong financial acumen and the ability to turn numbers into insights, your contributions will drive both shareholder value and the successful development of new renewable energy resources.
The Associate will be responsible for:
- Working with the accounting and finance teams, develop a forecasting and budgeting process that efficiently supports corporate planning and financing efforts
- Liaise with professionals involved in project development, procurement, engineering, accounting and other areas to develop and update monthly capex budgets
- Organize and present information for institutional capital partners
- Facilitate the internal flow of information between finance, development, legal and asset management teams during transaction execution
- Work with senior executives and provide clear insights on performance relative to established budgets and forecasts
- Ensure project timelines and budgets are kept up to date in internal tracking tools, corporate financial forecast and any externally communicated updates
- Strive for increased shareholder value through your internal and external assessments and recommendations
- Supporting other corporate objectives as needed including liaising with financing partners to ensure access to performance assurance credit facilities
The Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience; work experience in renewable energy, real estate development or other real assets
- Solid understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis best practices and processes
- Strong familiarity with solar power project development and construction cost categories and an understanding of typical terms available in the market for various project capex items
- Experience with Power BI or similar business intelligence applications as well as Google Workspace applications.
- Strong quantitative aptitude with advanced Excel and modeling skills, VBA skills a plus