SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
This is a project design engineering role in our Water/Wastewater department that is focused on project planning, detailed design, and permitting efforts for municipal clients. The candidate will serve as a lead design engineer on key water and wastewater infrastructure tasks and projects to help address ageing and undersized infrastructure concerns.
- Manage design teams, schedules, and budgets to produce Contract Document packages for various Water/Wastewater infrastructure projects.
- Author various planning documents and design reports.
- Provide direction and technical guidance on Water/Wastewater infrastructure project approaches and technologies.
- Assess the feasibility and soundness/validity of proposed engineering evaluations.
- Ensure proper quality control procedures are followed on assigned tasks and projects.
- Conduct peer reviews or independent technical reviews and make technical presentations.
- Identify potential clients and project opportunities.
- Manage clients and contracts by providing high quality deliverables and communicate directly with clients as needed.
- Assist/collaborate with the Business Development Team for technical approaches on certain proposals.
- Mentor and oversee junior staff on project design tasks.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain reciprocity.
- 3+ years of progressive experience working as a Water/Wastewater Engineer with experience related to water and wastewater studies, treatment plant designs, permitting, master planning, regulatory compliance, water distribution and storage, booster pump stations, water treatment, wastewater collection, pump station design, and wastewater infrastructure improvements.
- Experience working with local governments (public sector) on infrastructure design, upgrade, or expansion projects.
- Experience using AutoCAD, ArcGIS, or PCSWMM.