A complete energy solutions provider is looking for a Director of Project Development to join their team. This person will be responsible for the technical and commercial management of proposals, contracts, policy briefs and other documents related to behind- and front-of-the-meter battery energy storage systems. The role involves working with other team members, including project developers, engineering, cost management, supply chain, and legal and regulatory staff, to ensure that each proposal adheres to the Request for Proposals (RFP) guidelines and adheres to the company's strategy, commitments, and objectives. With a strong focus on battery energy storage systems (BESS), this person will oversee all aspects of proposals, including proposal budget, commercial and technical offer, schedule, customer relations, and maintaining communication and relationships with the execution/sales team.
The Director of Project Development will be responsible for…
- Seeking, analyzing and interpreting Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), and Requests for Proposal (RFPs); establishing document production schedule.
- Drafting and coordinating proposals for projects involving storage to determine proposal feasibility and ensure competitiveness in the market.
- Preparing and ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality, detailed, and comprehensive technical and commercial proposals
- Analyzing the C&I-scale BESS market in terms of customer requirements, opportunities, and competitors.
- Aiding the legal and commercial team in preparing power purchase and similar agreements for prospective projects.
- Ensure proposals incorporate latest product specifications can be delivered on technically and include relevant technical terms and exclusions.
- Collaborating with the legal team for negotiation of supply terms and drafting of any special terms and conditions contained within proposals, draft contracts, and other documents.
Qualifications for this role include…
- A graduate degree.
- 3-7 years of professional or commercial experience in proposal development, energy , or other relevant fields.
- Proven experience in proposal development management practices, methods, and techniques, and/or related fields.
- Experience in multifaceted energy projects and high-level understanding of solar and energy storage project engineering, procurement, and construction processes.
- Demonstrated business acumen, such as in balancing requirements, strategic and tactical issues.
- General understanding of the mid-scale solar and battery energy storage system industry.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays