As a key leader in the senior finance & accounting team, the Director will lead and manage the financial reporting & cost accounting department in support of company's revenue and income goals while also ensuring compliance to tax laws and bank agreements. The Director will report to the VP Finance & Administration.
- Lead, manage and develop financial reporting and contract accounting personnel goals and responsibilities to align with corporate objectives.
- Direct and manage the preparation of all periodic financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Analyze complex financial data to provide accurate and timely financial information to executive management team including performance trends, anomalies, cost reduction opportunities, etc.
- Drive monthly close schedule and delegate tasks among staff including but not limited to accruals, deferral and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures, job descriptions, and performance evaluations for your department.
- Interface with all department stakeholders in the application of system improvements, reporting and cost savings.
- Design contract progress reporting for operational and financial management review.
- Create and modify reports in various accounting and operating software systems. Make recommendations to improve setup to ensure proper reporting capabilities.
- Review contract accounting processes to find efficiencies in reporting cycle.
- Execute department deliverables related to annual audit and respond to various requests from external independent auditors as it relates to project contracts.
- Review customer contracts and non-disclosure agreements to ensure adherence to corporate objectives.
- The position requires a minimum of seven years' experience in a similar role.
- MBA required.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving acumen, critical thinking and analytical skills. Keen attention to detail required.
- Very strong presentation and communication skills required.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous management experience required.
- Contract Accounting or similar industry experience a plus.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of computerized accounting systems (Sage 300CRE or MS Dynamics experience a plus).
Minimal. It is anticipated that Director may need to travel to our regional offices a few times per year.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, personable and very well-organized.
- Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Maintain a cooperative and approachable team-oriented attitude.
- High proficiency in computer use, specifically computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.