A leader in the American Energy Industry is looking for an experienced Project Development Director to join their team in Braintree, MA. This person will play an active and leading role in the project management, execution, and development of prospective greenfield generation projects.
The Project Development Director will be responsible for…
- Planning and executing the development program for identified projects.
- Negotiating all necessary development agreements.
- Managing the permitting process and anticipating and resolving other project development activities as required.
- Developing local community support for the project.
- Developing commercial agreements with potential project output off-takers.
- Directing external consultants and coordinating with internal departments including engineering, finance, energy management/origination, external affairs, legal and asset management.
The Qualifications for this role include…
- 7+ years of energy project development experience with a proven track record in successful development of power generating stations.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or business, MBA preferred.
- A proven ability to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization- must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Financial skills and a strong understanding of the company and project profit and loss, pro forma modeling, and NPV/IRR analysis.
- The Ability to work from concept to analysis, identifying alternatives and developing unique solutions.
- Ability to travel 30-50% as necessary.
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check.