LVI have partnered with an mutlidiscplinary architectural and engineering firm specializing in existing buildings and forensic structural engineering. They are seeking an ambitious and multifaceted engineer to join our team and contribute to their mission of preserving and enhancing the integrity of structures from the past. Contribute your expertise and passion to become part of a dedicated team committed to the preservation, restoration, and enhancement of existing buildings and ensure a safer and more sustainable built environment for future generations.
- Litigation Support
- Consulting & Investigations - podiums slabs/ post-tension, foundation settlement, damages (storm, fire, earthquake, tree roots, adjacent construction activities), structural condition assessments, seismic assessment & upgrades
- Design - reconstruction & repair, additions & renovations, foundation stabilisation
- SB326 - Balcony Inspections
- Conduct comprehensive investigations and evaluations of existing buildings, analyzing their structural integrity and identifying potential risks, deficiencies, or failures.
- Perform forensic investigations to determine the causes of structural failures, accidents, or damages, and provide expert analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with architects, engineers, and other experts to develop effective strategies and solutions for renovating, restoring, or rehabilitating existing structures.
- Conduct structural assessments, including condition surveys and performance evaluations, to assess the stability and safety of buildings.
- Prepare detailed reports, technical documents, and presentations to communicate findings, analysis, and recommendations to clients, stakeholders, and regulatory authorities.
- Provide expert testimony in legal proceedings and collaborate with legal teams on forensic investigations or dispute resolution related to structural engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural engineering or other relevant degree.
- 2 to 5 years of engineering experience.
- EIT certification in the State of California; PE license preferred.
- Strong background in structural engineering fundamentals.
- Structural, architectural and construction technical knowledge.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience in forensic and structural building evaluation and assessments preferred.
- Working knowledge of CBC, ASCE 7, NDS, AISC, and ACI codes & standards.