Plans and conducts work requiring judgment regarding the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Successfully completes medium to large size engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements. Works closely with a Senior Project Engineer or Project Engineer for technical review and guidance.
- Develop and evaluate system concepts and options to determine best design and engineering solution for each project based upon project scope
- Develop design drawings and specifications of electrical systems for building electrical, lighting, and fire alarm systems, including preparation of all engineering calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout life of the project
- Lead and coordinate with engineers, designers, AutoCAD technicians and clerical staff
- Interface with clients to discuss changes to designs and/or specifications
- Perform systems analysis and prepare reports and studies as well as cost estimates
- Directly responsible for distribution of all approved drawings and specifications
- Coordinate with other design team members including architect, and mechanical and structural engineers to ensure electrical systems are integrated with all trades
- Work as a team member with construction team project manager, and fabrication and installation crews
- Attend design team meetings as required
- Work with leadership to manage design manpower budget and update budget to reflect revisions or changes in scope
- Represent the company in a professional manner in all dealings with owners, architects, vendors, other design professionals and contractors
- Assisting in the firm's human resource efforts through training and mentoring junior firm members
- Enhances the firm's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing internal and external client requests
- Demonstrates core values and serves as a role model/mentor to all firm members
- Updates job knowledge and technical expertise by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in technical organizations and obtaining certifications in area of expertise and participating in the firm's Technical Committee as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited engineering program
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a consulting engineering firm
- Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
- Strong organizational, prioritization, decision making and analytical skills
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Effective business development skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines and adapt to flexible responsibilities
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit software
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with Deltek Vision or Project Resource Management software is desired
- Ability to meet and exceed client expectations
- PE license is required
- LEED Certification is preferred
- Certifications on areas of expertise are preferred
Job Classification and Scheduled work hours:
- Full Time Salaried Exempt Employee. Exempt employees are ineligible for Overtime Pay.
- Standard workweek is Monday-Friday
- Minimum 8 working hours/day (40 hours/week Monday-Friday) within the firm's hours of operation of 7:00a.m.-6:00p.m.
- You may be required to work extra hours in order to meet client's demands and project delivery target dates.
- Travel to client meetings and worksites may be required on occasion.
High, medium, and low voltage design and construction experience
NYC Building code, International electrical code, NFPA
Short circuit and protective device coordination, arc flash, cathodic protection, grounding and harmonic, electrical system studies, studies
Cogeneration, normal and emergency power generation, electrification, central plant, infrastructure, electrical site distribution systems, microgrid, utility service, lighting, design and construction experience.
Hospital, Labs, Campus, Hospitality, High Rise, Commercial, Warehouse, design and construction experience.
LEED, Sustainable, Carbon Reduction, Solar, Battery Charging Stations, Battery Storage Systems, Fuel Cells, design and construction experience.