The Electric Site Superintendent is responsible for providing field supervision for crews for all Electric site work. Reporting to the General Superintendent, you will direct the activities of everyone and everything on your job site, leading by example, making sound judgments, promoting safety first and communicating expectations and activities to make the job run as efficiently as possible while maximizing quality production.
You are responsible to oversee and install underground conduit, service lines, meters, storm, sanitary, water and gas lines as needed for the project. You will also be responsible for managing and performing earthwork and traffic control duties as necessary. In addition the Superintendent serves as the front-line Safety Officer for the site/project and is directly responsible for the Safety of crews
- Ensure safety and quality programs, as dictated by company and regulatory agencies, are strictly adhered to for preserving personnel, equipment and job site; take corrective action and report incidents as necessary
- Effectively supervise, direct, train and motivate employees and subcontractors including regular communication regarding daily & projected work schedules, assigned responsibilities, hazards, safety protocol,
- Working with Superintendent and Production Staff develop project goals, specifications, excavation plans and work Identify potential hazards and implement necessary safety protocols
- Effectively communicate with supervisors and management on a regular basis to highlight progress and report any potential work interruptions, differing site conditions, changes in scope of work or discrepancies in plans that need to be addressed
- Read and interpret construction blue prints, utility locates and other technical specifications to perform duties
- Responsibly evaluate, manage, procure and maintain as necessary any vehicle, heavy equipment, tools and other materials needed for the Manage deliveries to job site as required and ensure proper maintenance, storage and security of items