Representing a leader and a household name in the environmental industry with over 40 years providing environmental services to a variety of clients locally, nationally and internationally.
They are currently seeking a Senior business unit leader for a mission-critical program involving the growth of a new business unit focussed in the commerical and industrial remediation sector.
The business unit leader is responsible for a dedicated team of environmental professionals as well as the equipment and vehicles necessary to complete a variety of site investigation, analytical, and monitoring services and contribute to the overall growth of the unit
The business unit leader will be responsible for the effective management of the program including achieving all cost, technical and schedule deliverables, company financial and operational objectives, and customer engagement.
The business unit leader will lead a diverse and geographically disperse team in successfully executing the contract requirements, producing high quality deliverables, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The business unit leader will meet with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans, and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative, and management challenges and issues.
* BA/BS and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 12+ years of prior relevant experience
* Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field * Generally 10+ years of experience supervising or leading diverse/geographically dispersed teams and programs
* Proven program management experience on programs +$50M in total revenue and minimum annual revenue of $8M-$15M,
* Experience managing large Task Order driven contracts requiring scale up to meet client requirements while maintaining base level tasks.
* Experience with the management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills in projects
* 15+ years of diverse experience with RCRA/CERCLA studies (investigation, feasibility studies, remedial design and remedial action), air monitoring, air quality studies, quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) including laboratory, and risk assessments.
* Proven experience interacting with client organization at multiple levels
* Experience operating a strong health and safety program * Response to rapidly changing client needs
* Current professional license in discipline - e.g. PE, PG, etc.
* Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
This is a great opportunity for a senior person looking to take the helm of an exciting new operating unit, please take a look and apply directly