A leading environmental engineering firm committed to providing innovative and sustainable solutions to complex environmental challenges are seeking a talented and driven Environmental Engineer to join our team in Washington, D.C. and contribute to our mission of creating a cleaner and greener future.
Job Summary: As an Environmental Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing and implementing engineering solutions to address environmental issues. Your responsibilities will include conducting assessments, developing remediation plans, ensuring compliance with environmental regulations, and providing technical expertise to clients and stakeholders. You will work on a diverse range of projects, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to achieve environmental objectives while maintaining high standards of quality and safety.
- Conduct environmental assessments and impact studies to identify potential environmental risks and evaluate the feasibility of proposed projects.
- Design and implement engineering solutions for environmental remediation, including soil and groundwater cleanup, waste management, and pollution control systems.
- Develop and oversee environmental monitoring programs, ensuring accurate data collection and analysis.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on environmental regulations, including the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and other applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including scientists, geologists, regulatory specialists, and project managers, to develop comprehensive environmental strategies and plans.
- Prepare engineering designs, specifications, and cost estimates for environmental projects, ensuring compliance with relevant standards and guidelines.
- Conduct site inspections and oversee construction activities to ensure compliance with environmental permits, regulations, and best practices.
- Perform environmental modeling and risk assessments to evaluate the potential impact of pollutants and develop appropriate mitigation measures.
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, and environmental impact statements to communicate project findings, recommendations, and compliance status.
- Engage with clients, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders to facilitate project approvals, address concerns, and ensure effective communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Stay updated on emerging environmental technologies, industry trends, and regulatory changes, and apply this knowledge to project design and execution.
- Foster a culture of environmental stewardship, safety, and sustainability within the organization and among project teams.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as an Environmental Engineer, preferably in an engineering consulting firm or environmental services organization.
- Strong knowledge of environmental engineering principles, practices, and regulations.
- Familiarity with environmental modeling software, GIS tools, and other engineering applications.
- Proficiency in conducting environmental assessments, remediation design, and regulatory compliance.
- Understanding of federal, state, and local environmental regulations, including experience with permitting processes and reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop innovative and practical engineering solutions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Strong project management abilities, including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- Professional engineering licensure (PE) or the ability to obtain it is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles and green technologies is a plus.