A $15 Billion dollar GLOBAL company that is heavily involved with Embedded Electronics and Technology and is currently working on Battery Energy Storage (BESS) products within the renewable energy industry.
More Specifically they are looking for a Firmware Development Engineer for Low Voltage Drivers work their projects related to power conversion and or inverters, with a focus on control algorithms, analysis and solutions of related problems that may include simulations, designs, and testing. Your expertise will contribute to the success of our products, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and efficiency.
Firmware Developer Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test firmware for low voltage drives, focusing on motor control and power electronics applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers and system architects, to define firmware requirements, specifications, and interfaces.
- Hardware integration support
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of firmware to ensure compliance with performance and functional requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve firmware-related issues, working closely with the hardware team to identify root causes and propose solutions.
- Utilize best practices in software development, including version control, code reviews, and documentation.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and advancements in low voltage drives, motor control, and embedded systems.
- Participate in design reviews, provide technical expertise, and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and production teams to support firmware integration, testing, and product release.
Firmware Developer Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong experience in firmware development for low voltage drives or similar power electronics applications.
- Proficient in programming languages such as C/C++ and assembly language for embedded systems.
- In-depth understanding of control algorithms, feedback control systems, and power electronics principles.
- Solid knowledge of microcontrollers, embedded processors, and real-time operating systems.
- Knowledge of VxWorks Operating systems- is a GOOD TO HAVE
- Knowledge of VHDL programming is - a GOOD TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Autocad - is a GOOD TO HAVE
- Familiarity with hardware schematics and data-sheets to interpret and utilize relevant information for firmware development.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality firmware solutions on schedule.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and troubleshoot complex embedded systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience with programming languages such as Simulink or MATLAB or Psim for firmware development and testing.
Firmware Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, including Agile methodologies and continuous integration.
- Familiarity with safety standards and regulations related to low voltage drives and controls.
- Previous experience with product development life cycle and working in multidisciplinary teams.
Firmware Developer Benefits:
- 401k and company match
- 13 paid holidays, 2 weeks of PTO to start
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short and Long-term disability
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Remote Work with 1 week out of the month in Cleveland Ohio
- 2-3 months in Italy to train with their Inverter and Power Conversion systems