Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
My client is a leading multidisciplinary engineering firm that provides a wide range of professional services in the fields of civil, structural, environmental, and geotechnical engineering. With a strong focus on innovation, quality, and client satisfaction, we deliver integrated solutions for diverse projects, including commercial developments, infrastructure projects, and energy facilities. Join our dynamic team and contribute to the success of challenging and rewarding projects in the Houston area.
As a Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a key role in providing geotechnical engineering expertise to our multidisciplinary teams. You will be responsible for conducting geotechnical investigations, analyzing soil conditions, designing foundations, and ensuring the safe and efficient execution of projects. Collaborating closely with project managers, architects, and other engineers, you will contribute to the successful completion of projects while maintaining high-quality standards and meeting client expectations.
Geotechnical Investigations and Analysis:
- Conduct geotechnical site investigations, including soil sampling, rock coring, and groundwater monitoring, to assess subsurface conditions and determine soil properties.
- Perform laboratory testing on soil and rock samples to determine engineering properties, including shear strength, permeability, and compressibility.
- Analyze geotechnical data and use appropriate software and tools to perform calculations for slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, and other geotechnical analyses.
- Evaluate geotechnical hazards and potential risks, such as liquefaction, landslides, and soil erosion, and provide recommendations for mitigation measures.
Foundation Design and Analysis:
- Design shallow and deep foundations for various structures, considering soil conditions, loads, and building codes and standards.
- Perform geotechnical analyses to determine foundation settlement, lateral earth pressures, and soil-structure interaction.
- Prepare foundation design reports and drawings, including details of footings, piles, and retaining walls.
- Collaborate with structural engineers and architects to ensure the integration of geotechnical requirements into the overall design process.
Construction Support and Quality Assurance:
- Provide technical support during construction, including reviewing and approving geotechnical-related submittals and responding to field inquiries.
- Conduct geotechnical inspections and testing during construction to ensure compliance with design specifications and industry standards.
- Monitor and assess ground conditions, slope stability, and foundation performance throughout the construction phase.
- Collaborate with project teams to address unforeseen geotechnical challenges and develop appropriate solutions.
Client Collaboration and Project Management:
- Work closely with clients to understand project requirements, develop geotechnical design criteria, and provide timely and accurate engineering recommendations.
- Prepare geotechnical reports, proposals, and cost estimates for projects, ensuring they are clear, concise, and meet client expectations.
- Collaborate with project managers to develop project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Monitor project progress, track deliverables, and proactively address any technical or scheduling issues to ensure project success.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas or ability to obtain it within a reasonable time frame.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in geotechnical engineering, preferably in a multidisciplinary consulting environment.
- Strong knowledge of geotechnical investigation techniques, laboratory testing procedures, and geotechnical analysis software.
- Proficiency in geotechnical design principles, including foundation design, slope stability analysis, and earthwork calculations.
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards, such as ASTM, AASHTO, and local building