Job Title: Geotechnical Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Company Overview: Our client is a multidisciplinary engineering firm that provides a wide range of engineering services, including geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction management. They are looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their team in Austin, Texas.
Job Summary: The Geotechnical Engineer will be responsible for providing geotechnical engineering services for a variety of projects, including infrastructure, commercial, industrial, and residential developments. This person will work closely with project managers, field technicians, and clients to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest level of quality.
- Conduct geotechnical investigations, including drilling, sampling, and testing of soil and rock.
- Analyze geotechnical data and prepare technical reports.
- Design shallow and deep foundations, earth retention systems, slope stability analyses, and other geotechnical structures.
- Prepare geotechnical recommendations and design reports.
- Review and interpret geotechnical data and prepare technical drawings.
- Coordinate with project managers, field technicians, and clients to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest level of quality.
- Conduct site visits to review field conditions and assess project progress.
- Provide technical support to junior engineers and field technicians.
- Attend project meetings and provide technical presentations to clients.
- Participate in business development activities, including client meetings and proposal preparation.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on geotechnical engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Texas or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in geotechnical engineering.
- Strong understanding of geotechnical engineering principles, practices, and design codes.
- Proficiency in geotechnical analysis software such as Slope/W, Plaxis, and L-Pile.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience working on infrastructure, commercial, industrial, and residential development projects is a plus.
Salary and Benefits: The salary for this position will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Our client also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan.
If you are a highly motivated Geotechnical Engineer with a passion for delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering services and are looking for an exciting opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary engineering firm in Austin, Texas, we encourage you to apply for this position.