My client is seeking a Hazardous Building Materials Professional to join its collaborative team in Texas. This individual will serve a key function in providing hazardous building materials surveys and abatement monitoring, including but not limited to asbestos, lead, PCBs, mercury, and mold.
- Perform surveys and project monitoring of environmental and building abatement projects relating to asbestos, lead-based paint, PCBs, and other hazardous building materials;
- Monitor services, including overseeing abatement/remediation contractors performing work, documenting abatement/remediation work, conducting post abatement/remediation visual inspections and clearance/re-occupancy air or other applicable sampling;
- Analyze the project site and implement high-quality solutions to both routine and more complex field and/or laboratory problems;
- Prepare proposals by incorporating scientific knowledge to determine cost estimates and specifications for abatement/remediation services;
- Conduct environmental sampling of soils, water, dust, and indoor air as needed; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor's degree in a Geology or a Science-related field;
- 3+ years of hazardous building materials survey and abatement/remediation monitoring experience (asbestos, lead-based paint, and PCB experience is essential);
- Thorough understanding of state-specific and federal asbestos, lead, and PCB regulations and guidelines, including: design protocols, survey requirements, abatement monitoring requirements and reporting;
- State-specific Asbestos Inspector and Project Monitor
- State-specific Licensed Lead Inspector
- Related licenses in other states and additional state licenses are considered a plus;
- Ability to read and understand project specifications, drawings and plans, and hazardous materials survey reports;
- Experience with proposal writing, abatement/remediation estimates, report writing, and specifications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver's license in good standing.