Responsible for designing, debugging and repairing production equipment control systems including Allen-Bradley PLC and PanelView systems, AC/DC drives, load cells, temperature control, power distribution and other machine control components.
- Capable of writing andanalyzingPLC and graphics programs to change or debug machine function.
- Languages include Ladder Logic, Function Block and Structured Text
- AutoCAD Electrical experience for drafting and updating machine electrical drawing sets.
- Assist controls team by recommending changes to new system designs and integration.
- Adjust, calibrate and replace components used in production and plant equipment.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70B and NFPA 70E standards.
- Able to follow electrical documentation for controls system debug.
- Works effectively in a team-oriented environment where trust, communication and teamwork are encouraged.
- Work safely and follow all safety and environmental guidelines as specified by Haartz.
- Work in accordance to all Quality Systems principles and standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
Relevant Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) and related experience and/or training. The candidate is expected to utilize the following tools and computer software packages in performing their job.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of supervisors and employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to speed and logic calculations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.