Seeking an Instrumentation and Control System Engineer to join a diverse and challenging project group. The successful candidate will have experience with instrumentation and control system design, configuration, and testing from concept to completion in the oil and gas and water and waste water process control environments.
- Work on projects from concept to completion including; project scoping, control philosophy development, design development, installation support, functional checkout and system commissioning
- Develop engineering scope of work based on client requirements including but not limited to; P&ID's, specifications, concept reports, etc. to specify and develop complete instrument and control system design
- Perform material take-offs and estimates, develop detailed Bill of Materials (BOMs)
- Develop design deliverables for a variety of systems including control philosophy, panel drawings, loop drawings, logic diagrams, wiring diagrams, process flow diagrams, P&IDs, cause and effect matrixes, etc.
- Develop control system design drawings in AutoCAD
- Develop control system specifications
- Design and develop PLC and HMI applications based on given (or developed) requirements and specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a design team
- 5-10 years Instrumentation & Control system design, development, maintenance and testing experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (Preffered)
- Proven abilities in control system design, engineering, start up, testing and implementation phases of a project
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience
- Able to travel to customer sites
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Experience with Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens)
- Experience with MI/OI systems (e.g. Allen Bradley, GE, Wonderware)
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standards such as NEC and OSHA
- Understand P&ID Plans and Industry Specifications
- SCADA Hardware and Software
- Proficient in Design/Drafting Tools (AutoCAD)
- Ability to travel to unique office locations
- Great opportunity for personal and professional growth (Developing a group, leadership, etc.)
- Close-knit group and culture
- Competitve salary and benefits package