This company is seeking an individual capable of maximizing the profitability of projects as assigned. This position will be directly responsible for completing projects on time and on budget. This position also provides ongoing support and expertise to all assigned personnel, assisting them in accomplishing the goals, objectives, policies and procedures for all areas under this position, while providing the necessary planning, organization, direction, coordination and control to meet the established goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise subordinates, while leading team to produce results efficiently.
- A thorough understanding of reading civil engineering plans.
- A thorough understanding of technical studies (drainage, traffic, geotechnical, etc.)
- Ability to read survey notes and design solutions based upon existing conditions, standards, and client criteria.
- Using analytical and observation skills demonstrating the ability to set a course or direction, which fulfills the vision and expectations of the client
- Be completely versed in the firm-client contract for the project, and of the client's objectives. Satisfy client's goals.
- Analyze the project scope, organize the work on the project and set forth the procedures to be employed in accomplishing the project.
- Contract for the services of outside consultants when required.
- Develop and monitor the project design schedule to meet Client and firm time objectives.
- Notify the Client of changes in project scope, and prepare estimates for additional design fees.
- Keep the Client, VP, and the firms Accounting Department informed on the status of the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent field experience from an accredited University or College.
- PE License
- Minimum 8 years' experience in project management.
- Relevant experience in civil engineering and land development