One of the foreign-capital Renewable Energy developer companies is urgently looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team and support the Offshore Wind Project development in Japan market.
This will be the permanent position based in the Tokyo office.
About the company:
- Foreign-capital company with business in more than 20 countries
- Business has strong positions in offshore wind power, especially in floating offshore wind
- 2-3 project pipelines with a few potential partners in Japan, expecting to double the project pipeline by the end of 2023
- Bilingual team with both Japanese and English communication in the Japan office
As a Business Development Manager, you will report to the Head of Business Development and work closely with the Business Development team & Engineering team to achieve the targets of business development for the company.
3 main pillars for this position:
- Understand the latest information and update on market movements and government guidelines
- Understand electricity in Japan to work on grid connection approvals and transmission connection agreements - with support from the team
- Prepare tender documents and proposals for offshore wind/floating offshore wind projects
More detailed responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders: project owners, local partners, EPC contractors, etc. to grow and deliver offshore project pipeline
- Coordinate and support activities for new acquisition/partnership opportunities for offshore wind projects: due diligence, preparation/submission/amendment of development approval applications, and coordination of third-party consultants, etc.
- Liaise with local authorities, prefectural municipal governments, and state agencies to lead the activities for community engagement
- Stay updated on market opportunities and threats to propose actions/mitigations accordingly
- Learn about project financial models with support from the head office
- 3-5 years of working experience from the electric industry, project development in (semi) public sector, consulting company, or trading company, etc.
- Familiar with Japanese public policy/document/report
- Business fluent Japanese and English (both speaking and writing)
- Good communication skills