The Lead AV Tech will be well rounded and experienced in commercial Audio/Visual systems. The Lead AV Tech should have strong industry knowledge of best practices and installation standards consistent with InfoComm/Avixa and manufacturer's specifications. The Lead AV Tech must be proficient in reading and interpreting architectural drawings, Elevations, and AV Signal one-line drawings. The Lead AV Tech must be able to understand system function and determine the cable pull schedule from this information. The Lead AV Tech must maintain a professional and presentable appearance and be capable of communicating with both customers and owner-clients. The Lead AV Tech will lead a team of AV Technicians to complete jobs per customer and company specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Lead AV Technician will consistently run AV project crews, assume responsibility for effective performance and provide necessary Tech training, assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines, hold weekly safety meetings, initiate performance-related communications, and escalate to AV Project Manager if necessary.
- The Lead AV Technician coordinates with AV Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion, and compliance with the project budget.
- The Lead AV Technician serves as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns, attends facility, and construction meetings when required.
- The Lead AV Technician performs work that consistently demonstrates a detailed level of technical knowledge, troubleshoots, and resolves technical issues as they arise.
- The Lead AV Technician will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional, and help create, develop, and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to effectively read, write, and give oral presentation(s). Communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work at heights, on a ladder, and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read the small print, and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills and creative thinking are required.
- Interact with employees, customers, and colleagues effectively on a professional level.
- PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Regular attendance is mandatory
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency
- A formal education in electronics or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent experience with audiovisual or other electro-mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing, for at least 3-years
- Crestron programming experience is preferred.
- Experience with video conferencing (Polycom or Cisco) systems is strongly preferred.
- The following courses are required:
- Extron AV Associate
- Basics of Crestron
- Crestron 101
- InfoComm/Avixa AV Essentials
- Biamp Tesir
- Must have the ability to read schematic diagrams, and drawings
- A qualified candidate will have experience with the following manufacturers and technology platforms:
- Crestron Digital Media
- Video Conferencing: Polycom, Cisco
- Audio Conferencing: Biamp, ClearOne
- Displays by Samsung, LG, NEC
- Projectors by Epson, NEC, Christie Digital, Panasonic, Digital Projection, etc.
- Screens by Da-Lite, Draper
- AV Superintendent,
- AV Field Engineer,
- AV Project Manager
If you're interested, don't hesitate to apply! You can reach me at adam.davidson- for more info.