We have a current opportunity for a Lead Physical Substation Engineer on a permanent basis with an award-winning Energy & Utilities Consulting Firm. The position will be based in St. Louis.
Enjoy work-life balance by utilizing flexible work hours & hybrid flexibility that works best for your schedule. As a firm that encourages professional growth, you can take advantage of their tuition reimbursement programs and industry professionals that will help you develop career goals and clear action plans.
Minimum Skills/Knowledge Needed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within the utility industry or having the ability to perform QA/QC on Substation Projects
- Knowledge of of relevant codes/standards (NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA, ANSI) is strongly preferred
- P.E. License required, but can waive this requirement with experience
- Project scoping & site walkdowns
- Project design estimates and proposal preparation
- QA/QC Checking of design packages for high voltage substations
- Technical support on Substation P&C / Physical designs when working with more junior engineers
- Good understanding of substation ground grid, rigid & strain bus & raceways designs
- Create/modify technical specifications for major substation equipment
- Perform basic calculations (ie. voltage drop, CT burden & saturation, lighting & short circuit)
- Travel to various substation on a occasional bases
- Working with client business development
*sponsorships can be provided if needed
Please apply if you are interested in learning more about this role.