Our client is a leader in water management, and committed to consulting and researching of real-world water issues and technologies that can be applied to solving them.
The software package consists of a Flood model computational solver, script-based interface, QGIS interface, geospatial and time series database and web viewer infrastructure around it.
- Translate requirements from flood modellers and the client into clearly defined tasks, plan forward and backlog workload
- Manage the overall design, implementation and UAT testing into the Singapore Government system
- Manage a team of developers, with flood modelling and interface development backgrounds
- Design and build a geospatial and time series data warehouse (database and file stores)
- Design and build a QGIS GUI on top of existing backend (Python)
- Design and build a web-based system
- Build scalable, reliable, and highly performing Restful APIs
- Use best practices in software design to build reusable code modules and libraries.
- Support and upgrade existing code and maintain software integrity
- Domain knowledge - development and implementation of software packages on Singapore government systems (eg Hydrology or water data and modelling) - minimum 8 years
- Experience leading a team
- Competence in Python - minimum 5 years
- Working knowledge in geo and time series databases
- Working knowledge in QGIS and building QGIS plugins
- Experience in version control with GitLab/GitHub,
- Experience with unit testing (e.g., PyTest etc.)