A global Data Center Build Engineering Firm is looking for a Construction Manager in Malaysia. This role reports to the Construction Director APAC. The ideal candidate should have construction project management experience within the data center market, and experience on contractor management and performance.
- Management of construction work, financials, scheduling and quality management of project
- Responsible for all safety management procedures and contract negotiations and revisions to determine the best design, construction programs and costs while ensuring highest quality of service procured
- Conceptualize, plan, develop opportunities to innovate design, reduction of risk in projects, budget management and project quality delivery while reducing and closing any business and project risks.
- Collaboration with consultants in the delivery of the sub- and super-structure and M&E design process while achieving cost effective and resilient infrastructure on each site.
- Planning, organizing and leading all direct activities in the construction and maintenance to ensure the implementation of construction plans.
- Ensure the compliance with all local authority regulations and the timely resolution of issues and deficiencies.
- Ensure proper and complete handover from construction to operational phase including the development and implementation of a handover system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10+ years of construction project management experience
- Extensive knowledge of other international construction, general construction building, M&E works and local authority approval process.
- Experienced in cost control, budgeting, tender process, scheduling and documentation
- Good written and verbal command of English and any other APAC languages
- Proven experience in senior project management level and delivering large capital expenditure projects with high dependence on M&E.