Job Description - Manager of Distribution Engineering
The Manager of Distribution Engineering is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of electrical distribution line engineering within an organization. The position is responsible for researching, designing, and developing new distribution line engineering solutions and improving existing systems.
The Manager of Distribution Engineering will manage a team of electrical engineering professionals to ensure the timely completion of projects, quality assurance, and compliance with industry standards. They will be responsible for the overall development, cost, and reliability of the electrical distribution system. The Manager of Distribution Engineering will also collaborate with other departments to ensure the system meets customer needs and expectations.
- Manage, design, develop, and implement new electrical distribution line engineering solutions.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate existing systems, products, and components.
- Oversee and manage the electrical engineering team to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Develop strategies to increase reliability and reduce cost of the electrical distribution system.
- Ensure the electrical distribution system complies with industry standards and regulations.
- Create and monitor performance metrics to ensure the system meets customer requirements.
- Analyze customer needs and develop plans to meet their requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the system is meeting customer needs.
- Research and stay up-to-date on the latest technology and techniques in electrical distribution engineering.
- Prepare reports and presentations for management.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering, with a focus on distribution line engineering.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in CAD, power system analysis software, and other engineering software.
- Strong understanding of electrical system components.