Company Summary: Founded over 10 years ago, this company is an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and solar service provider for utility solar, high voltage substation, and energy storage markets across the United States. Since then, the company has built over 9 GW of solar energy projects, offering superior service, providing dependable jobs, and lending support to communities in need.
Position Summary: The Financial Manager will use their advanced financial modeling experience to support all aspects of financial modeling for solar projects, financial reporting, and business analytics.
Location: San Diego, CA (hybrid)
The Manager of FP&A will be responsible for:
- Partnering with senior management to build and maintain accurate financial models at both the project and corporate levels.
- Collaborating with company departments to gather and analyze data and information.
- Be an analytical thought partner to the C-suite and finance organization, helping with a variety of critical business analyses.
- Presenting information and analysis to various teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Reporting weekly on project status, capital spend, cash flows, among other items.
- Assisting the team with financial reporting as required for the company.
- Running budget to actual variances for project and corporate costs and cash flows.
- Compiling and tracking information for project transactions and associated data rooms.
- Assisting in the evaluation of company performance through analysis and critical thinking.
The Manager of FP&A would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Finance required; MBA optional
- 7-10 years of finance experience (EPC, developer or large corporate construction finance is a plus)
- CPA, CFA, MBA highly preferred, but not required
- Strong competency with P&L / Balance Sheet / Cash Flow forecasting, decision models (IRR, NPV,)
- Presence and poise, as the position will have considerable visibility/attention from senior management and the Board of Directors
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and analyzing data sets and independently drawing key conclusions based on the analysis
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills and strong knowledge of accounting
- Strong aptitude to learn complex concepts (tax, energy policy, financial structures, etc.)
- Organized, diligent, and able to track and manage multiple streams of information on an ongoing basis - with both speed and accuracy
- Team player
- Some background knowledge in Engineering, large-scale Service operations, or Construction is a plus, but not required
If interested in the position, please feel free to apply!